While choosing houseplants for Chatswood indoor plant hire, one needs to be extremely careful. There are certain houseplants which can cause illness if eaten or cause skin irritation. Brightly coloured leaves and fruits can be tempting for kids and pets, and hence one should call a physician immediately if your child has eaten any poisonous plant.
Here is a list of few common houseplants with poisonous foliage.
- English Ivy : Also known as Hedera helix, the leaves are poisonous if eaten and the sap can cause skin irritation.
- Pothos: Usually non-lethal, but it causes burning sensation in mouth.
- False Jerusalem Cherry: It contains poisonous berries.
- Glory Lily : All parts of this plant species is known to be poisonous.
- Sago Palm: The seeds are toxic with the other parts being equally poisonous.