Hedge plants are extremely important because they provide privacy, create view barriers, soften walls, conceal fences and define spaces. Hedges will take some time to grow but it’s worth the wait because they form thick, impermeable barriers all the way to the ground. Preparation of soil is important before you plant your hedge for efficient drainage. Prune the sides of your hedge at a slight angle, so that the base is little thicker than the top. This will guarantee a thick and bushy hedge.
Lease-A-Leaf offers hedge plants in a variety of shapes and sizes. Depending on the requirements, we can provide customized solutions for your garden. Taking care of hedge plants is quite simple and with the below mentioned tips, you can have the best hedge plants for your garden. Let’s discuss some of the important gardening tips which guarantees best results.
- First and foremost, you should know what size of hedge plants suit your garden needs.
- Second, you should be quite clear with the growing conditions, so that the hedge plants that you select can grow with the available soil, climate and weather conditions.
- Hedge plants grow at different rates hence hedge plants that grow faster require more pruning as compared to hedge plants that are slow to grow.
- Growth of hedge plants largely depends on the availability of light.
- Also you need to take all required precautions and care to avoid pest problems.
- Prune your hedge plants regularly to keep them healthy and maintain a consistent look.
Hedge plants can be grown naturally or trimmed to formal shapes. The plant species selected as hedge plants should be able to withstand regular pruning and remain dense and evenly leaved. Traditionally viburnum, juniper, Buxus , Acmena smithii etc. form good hedge plants.