With spring just around the corner, for many people, this means the return of hay fever. Allergic rhinitis (or hay fever) is an allergic response to pollen from plants causing itchy eyes, coughing, sneezing, and a runny nose. For this reason, many people with hay fever avoid office plants, especially in spring when pollen is most potent. Plant rental is a good option for hay fever sufferers with many hypoallergenic alternatives available to retain the mental and physical health benefits of office plants without the associated symptoms. Some of the best non-allergenic plants include:
- A low light plant with stems resembling bamboo shoots and deep green leaves shaped like fans.
- A great air purifier and incredibly resilient to both climate and pests, making them great office plants.
Golden Cane Palm
- A medium-light flowering plant with yellow/green leaves that is a very effective natural air humidifier.
- Another group of low light office plants which require minimal maintenance to keep healthy, they also are known to trap pollen and allergens within their leaves.
- A very easy to maintain and resilient low light plant which produces a nice white flower in the summer.
- They should be kept away from pets and small children as chemicals on their leaves can cause stomach or respiratory irritation when large amounts are ingested.
Lease a Leaf is Sydney’s leading plant rental specialist, stocking many office plants ideal for hay fever sufferers such as the Lady Palm. Lease a Leaf will install and maintain your plants providing the highest quality care, enquire today to learn more!