Many people believe that all office plants are low maintenance and will be perfectly fine unattended functioning as a paperweight all day. These people fail to realize that every office plant is different and the level of attention they require varies depending on the species of plant. Office plants are still plants and basic maintenance can improve the health of these plants and the vibe of your office. Caring for plants is a therapeutic routine that will leave you with a rewarding feeling if done correctly. To ensure that you are making the most of your hire plants follow the simple steps below.
Obviously watering is essential when it comes to plant maintenance and is something that is absolutely necessary even when it comes to short term plant hire as improper or the lack of watering quickly becomes obvious. Improper watering occurs when a carer either waters the plant too much or not enough.
- Plants need to be watered slowly.
- Water the office plant till water makes its way through the drainage holes
- Never water when the soil is still damp from previous watering.
- Never let the plant sit in water (never leave water in the saucer)
Making sure your plant gets sufficient lighting is a simple task. The best way to give your plant adequate lighting is to place it near a window. However, it is advised to move your plant away when intense sunlight is hitting the window as this could potential scorch the plant (unless the plant is a type of cactus).
- Keep plants away from air conditioning and drafty windows
- Have a backup plan for the maintenance of your office plant when you are away from the office.
- If ur plant is not acquired through short term plant hire you will eventually need to fertilize your plant. It is best to fertilize every other month during spring and summer. Enquire online to find the best fertilizer for your species of plant.