Indoor plants have many benefits to people, and capitalizing on these through indoor plant hire can be a major improvement to your home or office. Having plants has been proven to have a positive impact on health and mood. The benefits of Sydney indoor plants include fighting mold, removing pollutants called volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from the air, adding mentally refreshing fragrances, and dampening noise pollution. There are many options for Sydney indoor plants as the climate can support many species. Some have minimal maintenance requirements, but there are still some important considerations for all indoor plant hire to sustain quality plants:
Indoor plants should be watered when they are dry, not in a regular routine. Check the soil moisture by placing a finger about 5cm deep into the soil. Only water when the soil is dry or you risk drowning the plant. To water, pour directly onto soil (not the leaves) until water leaves the bottom of the pot, after some time, remove the excess water from the saucer or base.
Plants also like having moisture in the air, for Sydney indoor plants, keeping their leaves moist with a spray bottle is needed in the less humid times of the year, especially around August and September.
It is important to ensure that the plant is in the right position for its type. Most indoor plants do not like being exposed to direct sunlight and some low light plants need complete shade to thrive. The majority of indoor plant hire plants prefer partial shade with ample ambient light. The position of a plant may also need to be adjusted seasonally as the location of the sun changes.
When using indoor plant hire services, most of the major plant maintenance tasks such as pruning, repotting and replacement will not need to be done. However, small maintenance tasks will allow Sydney indoor plants to thrive. For more information, contact Lease-a-Leaf today!
With spring just around the corner, for many people, this means the return of hay fever. Allergic rhinitis (or hay fever) is an allergic response to pollen from plants causing itchy eyes, coughing, sneezing, and a runny nose. For this reason, many people with hay fever avoid office plants, especially in spring when pollen is most potent. Plant rental is a good option for hay fever sufferers with many hypoallergenic alternatives available to retain the mental and physical health benefits of office plants without the associated symptoms. Some of the best non-allergenic plants include:
- A low light plant with stems resembling bamboo shoots and deep green leaves shaped like fans.
- A great air purifier and incredibly resilient to both climate and pests, making them great office plants.
Golden Cane Palm
- A medium-light flowering plant with yellow/green leaves that is a very effective natural air humidifier.
- Another group of low light office plants which require minimal maintenance to keep healthy, they also are known to trap pollen and allergens within their leaves.
- A very easy to maintain and resilient low light plant which produces a nice white flower in the summer.
- They should be kept away from pets and small children as chemicals on their leaves can cause stomach or respiratory irritation when large amounts are ingested.
Lease a Leaf is Sydney’s leading plant rental specialist, stocking many office plants ideal for hay fever sufferers such as the Lady Palm. Lease a Leaf will install and maintain your plants providing the highest quality care, enquire today to learn more!
Indoor plants have been shown to have a large positive effect on both physical and mental health. Exposure to plants has been proven to increase the diversity of the human microbiota, the variety of bacteria and fungi in our bodies, which assists the body in fighting inflammation. Another benefit of indoor plants is that they can remove some harmful chemicals from the air, reducing the resulting illnesses. Indoor plants can also dampen reflecting sounds to mitigate annoyance and possible ear damage in the long term. These health benefits have led to the popularity of indoor plant hire.
In addition to their health benefits, low light indoor plants are great for office spaces with minimal sunlight and vastly improve the aesthetic of a room. This leads to greater worker engagement and has been proven to improve job satisfaction and reduce stress levels. Most low light indoor plants are very easily maintained, requiring only correct watering and some exposure to light. These plants should be watered until water leaves the drainage holes each time they become dry.
Lease-A-Leaf has a wide range of indoor plant hire options for your office across low, medium, and high light levels, find out more about our indoor plant hire today!
Business owners often have to consider myriad issues concerning their business. This includes looking after the clients, the staff, the product or service, the supply and distribution lines, customer service, marketing etc. As a result, it is unfair to expect them to have the time to keep the office interiors neat and well maintained as well. Cleaning staff can help keep the premises clean. Thus, they can look after the inanimate décor accessories in the office. Looking after plants however, is a very different ballgame.
In residential premises too, looking after plants is not everyone’s cup of tea. Plants often require specialised attention. Some plants do not require much water, while others do. By watering the former excessively and neglecting the latter, you could end up damaging your plants. Therefore, it is always beneficial to engage professionals when you want to hire plants in Sydney and other Australian cities. These professionals would be of immense help when you need:
- Assistance in selecting the best kind of plants for your home interiors, based on the conditions indoors to their beneficial properties
- To care for your plants and to keep them well maintained
- To find plants that would blend in with your indoor home décor for enhancing the aesthetic appeal of your home interiors
- Help in various aspects of looking after the plant i.e. changing the containers etc.
- To utilise your time in other more meaningful activities than in something that you possess little or no knowledge of
How Can You Get the Optimal Value for Your Home Interiors from Indoor Plant Hire Services?
If you’re selecting green home décor accessories, avoid purchasing anything artificial. Instead, opt for the comforting allure of indoor plants. The process of growing plants consumes much lesser energy than manufacturing a product. Thus, by hiring indoor plants (or purchasing them), you would be reducing your carbon footprint significantly.
When you want to decorate your home interiors with indoor plants, you must:
- Ensure that you replace your non-utilitarian home décor accessories with foliage plants
- Place the plants in the appropriate areas, based on the lighting in the area i.e. some plants can thrive in dimly lit conditions, while other need bright light
- Opt for plants that are easy to maintain
- Learn how to care for your plants or hire a professional service to handle this for you
- Use only organic cleaning and fertilising products on your plants, including planters made from recycled or renewable materials such as bamboo, earth etc.
Hedge plants are extremely popular because they are disease resistant, can be cut to shape and respond well to trimming and pruning. There are myriad varieties of hedge plants available; however it is important to choose the right species which suits your requirements. The hedge plants not only add aesthetic value but also provide protection from intruders.
Hedge plants with vicious thorns deter intruders from coming into your garden. Some of the most popular choices of intruder hedge plants include:
- Hawthorn which is primarily used for farm hedging has very strong thorns and a network of strong branches.
- Pyracantha is one of the most popular hedge plants which has dangerous thorns, is evergreen, and has profuse berries and pretty fragrant flowers.
- Red leaf Berberis has bright red leaves, is deciduous and gets flame coloured in autumn.
- Holly is an evergreen hedge plant which is characterized with its glossy spiky edged leaves and profuse berries.
FGor more details about various hedge plants, visit Lease a Leaf Today!
The benefits of Indoor plant hire are in abundance; however it is always advisable to outsource the installation and maintenance of Indoor plant hire to professionals. By doing this, you can concentrate on your work without compromising on the aesthetic and health benefits offered by Indoor plant hire. So, what makes hiring of indoor plants a better option than buying?
- High flexibility: Depending on the interior and occasions, one can customize indoor plant hire. Also, you don’t need to change the planters when you plan a change in décor, because the plant hire company takes care of that.
- Trained professionals take care of the daily maintenance of plants.
- Plant hire companies are committed to provide fresh and healthy plants as part of indoor plant hire.
- Compared to the overall investment and risk involved with buying, indoor plant hire is definitely a more economical option.
- Advisory and consultancy services provided as part of indoor plant hire services is always helpful.
Lady Palm is famous as the dwarf plant which is extremely sturdy and adds a powerful décor. The Lady Palm doesn’t have one trunk, rather there are a bunch of stems which resemble a bamboo plant. The dark green and pointy leaves of the Lady Palm are 15-30cm wide and offers a stylish appearance.
The Lady palm is also known to purify the indoor air and keeps humidity levels low thereby ensuring a pleasant environment. The Lady Palm originates from China and it grows well in regions with humid mountain forests. It never grows beyond 3m in outdoors thereby making it one of the smallest houseplants. In dense thickets the Lady palm can grow about 7 feet tall in partly shaded spots with moist soil.
In order to achieve the best growth with Lady Palm, the suckers on the outskirts must be regularly removed. The rich texture of the lady palm allows it to be a great accent plant for indoors. The texture, wide range of varieties, different style and colour makes it a great accent plant for indoor Lady Palm. For more information about hpouse indoor plants, visit Lease a Leaf Today !
The key to using Indoor plants Sydney effectively is through understanding the type of plant suited for the indoor environment. Choosing varieties which can thrive well in the bathroom would ensure that they grow well without any problem. Indoor plants Sydney are Zen inducing and make a great addition to any bathroom. They also purify the air and guarantee a fresher environment which is extremely important for any bathroom.
Most bamboo species have their origins from warm and moist tropical climate, grows quickly and requires minimal soil. This works well in case of a bathroom where Indoor plants Sydney can be grown in jars filled with small stones and water. Ivy and Pothos vines are perfect in any bathroom, around the sink or, around the bathtub.
Since ferns prefer humid air they can add a lush addition to a bathroom. After a hot shower, the conditions in a bathroom are almost similar to a tropical rainforest. Certain indoor plants Sydney like aloe vera have medicinal benefits and perfect for your bathroom. For more information, Visit Lease a Leaf Today !
One of the most common questions with Hedge plants is how far apart should the hedge plants be spaced. The more space you leave between hedge plants, the longer it will take for the plants to join and form a hedge. Hedge plants which are planted closer will form a hedge quicker, however it also means planting more plants. So, it all boils down to a matter of time over budget.
The general guidance with respect to space management in case of hedge plants suggest planting three hedge plants per metre. The only exception made is for Buxus sempervirens which is usually planted 20cms apart. To make the hedges extra shock proof, one can plant the hedge plants in double rows. Most pot grown hedges are also planted 33cms apart, however exceptions being made for Dwarf box and large pot grown evergreen hedge plants.
By following the 3 plants per metre rule, one can achieve a thick hedge quickly. Also the closer the hedge plants are placed, less pruning will be required to get the plants to join together and form a beautiful hedge without gaps. For more information about Hedge Plants, visit Lease a Leaf website.
Indoor plants Sydney in any shape, size, design and colour would always offer an aesthetic beauty and associated health benefits. However, it is important to choose the right indoor plant depending on your requirement, available space, environmental conditions and budget. There are various different categories of Indoor plants Sydney which includes Common House plants, Flowering plants, Easy & Low light plants, Foliage plants, Cactus plants, Indoor palms, Hanging basket plants, Trailing plants, Bulbous plants, Unusual houseplants, Christmas plants, Office plants, succulent and fern type plants. There could be several more categories depending on the benefits they offer or, type of care and maintenance they demand. Since Indoor plants Sydney have choices in abundance, it may be tricky to choose the best indoor plants Sydney for your interior and decor. To help, there are professional plant design consultants who can make the best assessment of the available conditions and recommend the best Indoor plants Sydney for you.